Carbon Net Zero Initiative of the Year
This category will recognise projects that are leading the field with reducing embodied carbon during the construction of new infrastructure or buildings to support the government’s target to be carbon net zero by 2050. The initiative could be an alternative design, use of new materials or innovative equipment to reduce energy consumption during the project. Judges will be looking for:
- Demonstration of how the solution presents a reduction in carbon compared to the conventional approach
- Highlighted any innovations in design or execution, including any research strategy that led to the development carbon reducing solution
- Clear evidence of the qualitative and quantitative impact of this initiative
- Demonstrate how the initiative is cutting edge and is leading the field in this area
- The potential to showcase the UK construction industry through this initiative
The project does not have to be complete; what is required is evidence that the lower or zero carbon resulting from the new appraoch can be measured or quantified.
Because projects may not be complete, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges, selected for their expertise in this area.
Submission details (max 900 words)
- A precis version of the full name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on as it may appear in Awards marketing material (no more than eight words)
- The full and proper name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on, and a brief description of what the initiative is, with a focus on the impact (100 words max)
- A fuller written description of the key reason why this initiative should be considered for this award, which pays attention to as many of the criteria listed above as is appropriate. Please remember to give clear reasoning and evidence as to why this initiative is exceptional (max 800 words)