Community Engagement Initiative of the Year
This award recognises best practice in project delivery. We are looking for initiatives used on UK or overseas projects that are seeking to raise the bar and serve as exemplars to the industry. These projects do not have to be complete; what is required is evidence that the project is tackling the specific initiative in a new and innovative way and that its positive impact can be measured or quantified.
Because projects may not be complete, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges, selected for their expertise in this area.
This category recognises projects that have an outstanding community engagement initiative.
We will be looking for project teams that can demonstrate an understanding and recognition of the importance of working with local communities. These teams will have gone the extra mile to have not just sought to mitigate the impact of construction on the community to provide true outreach in the form of engagement with schools and community groups and potentially offered training and employment. Judges will look for project teams that have:
- Recognised and actively engaged with a community
- Had a clear understanding of the community’s needs and how these could be supported
- Valued the provision of excellent community service
- Have enhanced the community through services provided
Submission details (max 900 words)
- A precis version of the full name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on as it may appear in Awards marketing material (no more than eight words)
- The full and proper name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on, and a brief description of what the initiative is, with a focus on the impact (100 words max)
- A fuller written description of the key reason why this initiative should be considered for this award, which pays attention to as many of the criteria listed above as is appropriate. Please remember to give clear reasoning and evidence as to why this initiative is exceptional (max 800 words)