Community Engagement Initiative of the Year
This category recognises projects that have developed an outstanding community engagement initiative which has delivered a better outcome for the project as a whole and created a legacy in the local area.
Judges will be looking for project teams that can demonstrate an understanding and recognition of the importance of working with local communities. These teams will have gone the extra mile to have not just sought to mitigate the impact of construction on the community to provide true outreach in the form of engagement with schools and community groups and potentially offered training and employment. Judges will look for project teams that have:
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of the community’s needs, how this understanding was developed and how the community could be supported by the work.
- Actively rolled out an initiative developed specifically for this community
- Clear evidence of the impact of this initiative
- Demonstrated how their initiative is cutting edge and is leading the field in this area
- The potential to showcase the UK construction industry through this initiative
The project this initiative is being applied on does not need to be complete; what is required is evidence that the project is tackling the specific initiative in a new and innovative way and that its positive impact can be measured or quantified.
Because projects may not be complete, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges, selected for their expertise in this area.
Submission details (max 900 words)
- A precis version of the full name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on as it may appear in Awards marketing material (no more than eight words)
- The full and proper name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on, and a brief description of what the initiative is, with a focus on the impact (100 words max)
- A fuller written description of the key reason why this initiative should be considered for this award, which pays attention to as many of the criteria listed above as is appropriate. Please remember to give clear reasoning and evidence as to why this initiative is exceptional (max 800 words)