Digital Initiative of the Year
This category recognises projects that are driving the use of digital technologies in construction to improve delivery and create more successful outcomes.
Rapid developments in digital design solutions, digital twins and interconnected devices mean that the construction industry will become increasingly data-enabled. This category will look at how these technologies and the data derived from them is being used to change the way a project is being delivered. Judges will look for project teams that have:
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of how this initiative could improve performance on this project
- Actively rolled out the initiative, developed or tailored specifically for this project
- Clear evidence of the impact of this initiative
- Demonstrated how their initiative is cutting edge and is leading the field in this area
- The potential to showcase the UK construction industry through this initiative
The project this initiative is being used on does not have to be complete; what is required is evidence that the project is tackling the specific initiative in a new and innovative way and that its positive impact can be measured or quantified.
Because projects may not be complete, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges, selected for their expertise in this area.
Submission details (max 900 words)
- A precis version of the full name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on as it may appear in Awards marketing material (no more than eight words)
- The full and proper name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on, and a brief description of what the initiative is, with a focus on the impact (100 words max)
- A fuller written description of the key reason why this initiative should be considered for this award, which pays attention to as many of the criteria listed above as is appropriate. Please remember to give clear reasoning and evidence as to why this initiative is exceptional (max 800 words)