Digital Transformation Initiative of the Year
This award recognises best practice in project delivery. We are looking for initiatives used on UK or overseas projects that are seeking to raise the bar and serve as exemplars to the industry. These projects do not have to be complete; what is required is evidence that the project is tackling the specific initiative in a new and innovative way and that its positive impact can be measured or quantified.
Because projects may not be complete, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges, selected for their expertise in this area.
This category recognises projects that are driving the use of smart technologies in construction.
Rapid developments in digital design solutions, additive manufacture and interconnected devices mean that the construction industry will become increasingly data-enabled. How this data is used will change the way that new and existing assets are designed, built and operated and how users will interact with them. Judges will look for project teams that have:
- Led the field in embracing new technology across the supply chain
- Demonstrated the most innovative and forward thinking use of technologies that deliver the greatest added value to clients
- Demonstrated how the use of technology is driving forward efficiency and best practice across the project
- Offered evidence of the technology contributing to reducing emissions
- The potential to showcase UK technologies and UK construction abroad
Submission details (max 900 words)
- A precis version of the full name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on as it may appear in Awards marketing material (no more than eight words)
- The full and proper name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on, and a brief description of what the initiative is, with a focus on the impact (100 words max)
- A fuller written description of the key reason why this initiative should be considered for this award, which pays attention to as many of the criteria listed above as is appropriate. Please remember to give clear reasoning and evidence as to why this initiative is exceptional (max 800 words)