Environment & Sustainability Initiative of the Year
This award seeks to recognise project teams that have introduced a specific project-based initiative that is targeting a more sustainable solution, specifically whole life carbon cost of the project or is improving environmental sensitivity. Judges will look for project teams that have:
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of how this initiative could improve environmental performance or whole life carbon cost on this project
- Actively rolled out the initiative, developed or tailored specifically for this project
- Clear quantitative evidence of the impact of this initiative
- Demonstrated how their initiative is cutting edge and is leading the field in this area
- The potential to showcase the UK construction industry through this initiative
The project this initiative is being applied on does not have to be complete; what is required is evidence that the project is tackling the specific initiative in a new and innovative way and that its positive impact can be measured or quantified.
Because projects may not be complete, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges, selected for their expertise in this area.
Submission details (max 900 words)
- A precis version of the full name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on as it may appear in awards marketing material (no more than eight words)
- The full and proper name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on, and a brief description of what the initiative is, with a focus on the impact (100 words max)
- A fuller written description of the key reason why this initiative should be considered for this award, which pays attention to as many of the criteria listed above as is appropriate. Please remember to give clear reasoning and qualitative and quantitative evidence as to why this initiative is exceptional (max 800 words)