Environment & Sustainability Initiative of the Year
This award recognises best practice in project delivery. We are looking for initiatives used on UK or overseas projects that are seeking to raise the bar and serve as exemplars to the industry. These projects do not have to be complete; what is required is evidence that the project is tackling the specific initiative in a new and innovative way and that its positive impact can be measured or quantified.
Because projects may not be complete, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges, selected for their expertise in this area.
This award seeks to recognise project teams that recognise the importance of Britain’s built and natural environment and have introduced a specific project-based initiative that addresses the need for sensitivity in construction or is specifically boosting the whole life sustainability of the project. Judges will look for project teams that have:
- Reduced the impact on the built or natural environment through a specific initiative or can demonstrate a long-term sustainability improvement
- Clear evidence of the impact of this initiative
- Demonstrated how the local community or other stakeholders were engaged
- Demonstrated how their initiative is cutting edge and is leading the field in this area
- The potential to showcase the UK construction industry worldwide through this initiative
Submission details (max 900 words)
- A precis version of the full name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on as it may appear in Awards marketing material (no more than eight words)
- The full and proper name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on, and a brief description of what the initiative is, with a focus on the impact (100 words max)
- A fuller written description of the key reason why this initiative should be considered for this award, which pays attention to as many of the criteria listed above as is appropriate. Please remember to give clear reasoning and evidence as to why this initiative is exceptional (max 800 words)