Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year (NEW)
This award recognises best practice in project delivery. We are looking for initiatives used on UK or overseas projects that are seeking to raise the bar and serve as exemplars to the industry. These projects do not have to be complete; what is required is evidence that the project is tackling the specific initiative in a new and innovative way and that its positive impact can be measured or quantified.
Because projects may not be complete, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges, selected for their expertise in this area.
This award seeks to recognise project teams that see the value in driving equality, diversity & inclusion in the construction industry and have rolled out a project specific initiative that has been widely embraced across all companies involved. Judges will look for project teams that can:
- Provide evidence of ED&I collaboration outside of existing JVs and supply chains
- Provide evidence that companies have actively shared practices with one another, as opposed to one company producing a brilliant initiative that they then do not help spread to the wider community
- This sharing could be by any means, such as presentations or online platforms, attendance at focus groups or lean-ins, publication of articles detailing their initiatives or actively working together, but ideally should be beyond a single company’s supply chain
Submission details (max 900 words)
- A precis version of the full name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on as it may appear in Awards marketing material (no more than eight words)
- The full and proper name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on, and a brief description of what the initiative is, with a focus on the impact (100 words max)
- A fuller written description of the key reason why this initiative should be considered for this award, which pays attention to as many of the criteria listed above as is appropriate. Please remember to give clear reasoning and evidence as to why this initiative is exceptional (max 800 words)