Housing Project of the Year
This category recognises the value of exceptional buildings in meeting Britain’s housing needs and is open to all projects where housing/accommodation provision is the primary purpose.
Judges will be scoring your entry against these five key criteria:
Criteria 1: Outcome
Demonstrate how the project has hit the brief, delivering a satisfied client and providing real user benefit.
Criteria 2: Digital mindset
Demonstrate how the project team used the latest digital tools to plan, procure and deliver the work to provide better project outcomes.
Criteria 3: Carbon
Demonstrate use of sustainable materials and processes throughout the project to reduce the embodied carbon.
Criteria 4: Collaborative working
Demonstrate how closer, more collaborative working has driven better project outcomes in terms of cost, time, quality and stakeholder engagement.
Criteria 5: Getting it Right
Demonstrate how senior project team leaders created a positive working environment with strong values around equality and diversity, health, safety and wellbeing, community engagement and skills development.
You should ensure your entry provides sufficient detail on all five criteria.
Projects in this category must have been completed between 1 July 2019 and 1 July 2021.
Agreement of the client, lead contractor and lead engineer/architect is required to complete submission of the entry.
Shortlisted projects in this category will be judged through live virtual presentations with our judging panel.
Submission details (max 1,000 words)
- A precis version of the full name of the project as it may appear in awards marketing material (no more than five words)
- The full and proper name of the project and a brief description of what the project is with a focus on the outcome (50 words max)
- A fuller written description of the key reason/s why this project should be considered for this award, which pays attention to all five criteria being assessed. You can address each in turn or cover them all off collectively. Please remember to give clear reasoning, qualitative and quantitative evidence (where possible) as to why this project is deserving of award (max 950 words)
Please ensure you read and adhere to the requirements set out below in order for your entry to be accepted.
- Project must have been completed between 1 July 2019 and 1 July 2021
- Maximum 1 page Layout plans – A4
- Maximum 3 images
All entries to be submitted electronically as a pdf only – All images and drawings must be submitted as separate files either as (A4 sized) jpegs or pdfs.