Product Innovation of the Year
This category recognises an innovation in products for design or construction that are deployed on specific projects and that are boosting overall project outcomes. Judges will look for project teams that have:
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of the project outcomes and saw how this innovation could improve performance on this project
- Actively rolled out the initiative, developed or tailored specifically for this project
- Clear evidence of the impact of this initiative
- Demonstrated how their initiative is cutting edge and is leading the field in this area
- The potential to showcase the UK construction industry through this initiative
Innovations developed or manufactured in the UK by overseas companies are permitted, as are products researched and developed in the UK, but manufactured overseas.
The projects this innovation is being used on does not have to be complete.
Because projects may not be complete, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges, selected for their expertise in this area.
Submission details (max 900 words)
- A precis version of the full name of the innovation and the project it has been applied on as it may appear in Awards marketing material (no more than eight words)
- The full and proper name of the innovation and the project it has been applied on, and a brief description of what the initiative is, with a focus on the impact (100 words max)
- A fuller written description of the key reason why this initiative should be considered for this award, which pays attention to as many of the criteria listed above as is appropriate. Please remember to give clear reasoning and evidence as to why this initiative is exceptional (max 800 words)