Temporary Works Initiative of the Year
This category recognises the key role played by good temporary works design in construction.
Judges will be looking for project teams that have:
- Demonstrated how the temporary works solution enabled a better final solution or increased safety during execution.
- Highlighted any innovations in design or execution, including any research strategy that led to the development of the temporary works solution.
- Clear evidence of the impact of this initiative
- Demonstrated how their initiative is cutting edge and is leading the field in this area
- The potential to showcase the UK construction industry through this initiative
The project does not have to be complete; what is required is evidence that the temporary works initiative is new and innovative way and that its positive impact can be measured or quantified.
Because projects may not be complete, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges, selected for their expertise in this area.
Submission details (max 900 words)
- A precis version of the full name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on as it may appear in Awards marketing material (no more than eight words)
- The full and proper name of the initiative and the project it has been applied on, and a brief description of what the initiative is, with a focus on the impact (100 words max)
- A fuller written description of the key reason why this initiative should be considered for this award, which pays attention to as many of the criteria listed above as is appropriate. Please remember to give clear reasoning and evidence as to why this initiative is exceptional (max 800 words)