divisional director - free schools capital,
Department for Education
- Paul is a Programme Director, responsible for delivering the £1bn pa Free Schools capital programme.
- Since September 2016 Paul has headed up the capital delivery of Free Schools, acquiring sites both directly and through arms-length body LocatED, and constructing new schools across England.
- Prior to joining the DfE Paul was Deputy Director for capital programme delivery at the Environment Agency, managing the £250m pa asset investment programme, taking complex flooding schemes from strategy through to construction.
- Paul’s private sector experience includes working for Mott Macdonald and Atkins for a number of years in engineering and project management roles.
- Paul is active in the construction sector across Government and is a member of the Government Construction Board, representing the DfE, and chair of the Strategic Delivery Group.