In light of the ongoing pandemic and continuance/uncertainty of the nation’s third lockdown, the judging process for the British Construction Industry Awards will be as follows for 2021.
For both category types, Stage 1 of the judging process will remain as normal and involves judges shortlisting entries based solely on the information provided here, so please make sure this entry includes as much evidence as possible.
Stage 2 - Recognising successfully delivered project outcomes
For this set of categories, we will be removing the project visits from judging with a view to reintroducing them for 2022 when the need to social distance as a result of the pandemic may have been removed.
The format for stage 2 will be as follows
- 40 mins in total for presentation
- Presentation to include 5 mins (pre-recorded) video walk through/fly through of project
- 20 mins to present, allowing for 15 mins of Q&A with the judges
- 4 individuals from finalists allowed to join presentation
Taking place between 6 - 9 September 2021
Stage 2 -Sharing best practice during project delivery
For this set of categories, we will be removing the physical face to face presentation format and running them virtually instead, with a view to reintroducing the physical format for 2022. The format for stage 2 will as follows
- 30 mins in total for presentation
- 15 mins to present, allowing for 15 mins of Q&A with the judges
- 2 individuals from finalists allowed to join presentation
Taking place between 31 August - 3 September 2021